This just in from Richard Krawiec:
Fleur de Lisa will be on NPR's The State of Things Friday, Dec. 18 between noon & 1, probably towards the end of the show. They will be discussing their work and singing new songs, not on the Willow Songs CD. They are finishing the recording of their new CD, which features work by Basho, Issa, Japanese Death poems, Roberta Beary, as well as work based on free verse poems by Jaki Shelton Green and former NC Poet Laureate Kathryn Stripling Byers.
Editor Al Pizzarelli is currently seeking SENRYU poetry for publication in upcoming issues of the Simply Haiku website.
1. Poets are urged to read the Editor's Introduction in the Simply Haiku Senryu section and read among the many examples of senryu in the SH archives.
2. Both unpublished and previously published senryu are invited. All previously published senryu must include the name and year of the publication in which they first appeared.
3. There is no limit to the number of submissions.
4. All submissions should appear in the body of the e-mail. Attachments are not acceptable.
5. Response time is a week or two from the date of submission.
6. Accepted poems are published within a year of acceptance. Some appear sooner than others depending on the featured topic of each issue.
Note: Topics are determined by the related subject matter of accepted poems and are not announced prior to each issue.
7. Bios & Photos should only be submitted by request of the editor.
8. Submit regularly.
Send submissions to:
Want to learn more about Senryū?
Listen to Haiku Chronicles: Episode 3 - Senryū, Son of Haiku