Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Poets and Poems - Pris Campbell


Jump Start

You jump-started my heart.
It beats a forgotten rhythm.
Resurrected are old passions,
hid behind that fake indifference
I wore like a favorite dress.
Tossed are blindfolds I hastily tied
whenever couples kissed.

Aging now, my past
slid over the mountaintop,
a new sun has risen.
I imagine you inside me,
bodies creating our own
1001 nights as we shed
any veils left between us.


Pris Campbell



If you would like to participate in this series, send a photo of yourself composing a poem or writing or a picture of a location where you enjoy writing, along with one of your poems (the type/genre of poem doesn't matter). This series will allow us to see the various locations that inspire us or where we go to write.

9 comments:

Geoff Sanderson said...

Another lovely, sensitive poem, Pris.
I expecially like these lines:

'Resurrected are old passions,
hid behind that fake indifference
I wore like a favorite dress.'

- wonderful!

tom said...

So nice to see your work here, Pris.

to echo - "wonderful"

Carter Monroe said...

Yes, a very exceptional piece here.

Pris said...

Thank you all, and a big thanks again to Curtis!

snowbird said...

Those are some wonderful images...you can almost see them dancing... I also love the rig you have set up for your lap top. Quite ingenious!

Pris said...

Thanks, Snowbird. My husband made that for me. It's hard for me to type lying down, but it's perfect for reading email, links sent to me and then honing a poem via one finger typing once I've typed the draft in on the desktop in the next room.

And Curtis, check my blog. I featured what you're doing. It's really a great series.

Curtis Dunlap said...

Thank you, Pris. And thank you for your wonderful contribution to the series.

Hopefully, the series will continue for a while longer.

DeadMule said...

Thanks for featuring another of my "friends." Pris is a special person and a fine poet.

Jessie Carty said...

what a perfect picture to go with your poem pris!