Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ramesh Anand - Three Questions

Ramesh Anand is a Senior R&D Engineer and a haiku poet based in Johor, Malaysia. His life experiences, as Haiku moments, have been published and forthcoming in World’s premier print journals and e-journals. He lives happily with his better half, Divya, and their best little half, Tanmayi. His complete publications can be accessed through his blog: http://ramesh-inflame.blogspot.com



1) Why do you write haiku?

I write haiku to nourish my senses. I believe that it programs my subconscious mind to be absolutely focussed and positive in all the works I do. Now I am more efficient in my career, more affectionate with my family, more calm and peaceful, viewing nature and human objectively than before starting to write haiku. Importantly, I am living my life, moment by moment. Malaysia's abundance of nature is also playing a lively role in my haiku writing.

2) What other poetic forms do you enjoy?

Presently, I write only haiku. I have interest to write tanka, in future. I love reading tanka works of Pamela A. Babusci and Kala Ramesh.

3) Of the many wonderful haiku you've written, what do you consider to be your top three? (Please provide original publication credits)



spring’s end
my infant fingers
the fallen petal

Lyrical Passion Poetry E-Zine, 2011



winter deepens
... lungi shivering on
the beggar's face

Simply Haiku, Summer 2011, Vol. 9 No. 2



Autumn dawn --
mother serves white rice
on an almond leaf

Asahi Haikuist Network, 7th October 2011


I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Robert D. Wilson, Mrs Lorin Ford and Mr. Anatoly Kudryavitsky whom identified my talent in haiku, when I first submitted my works to them early this year, which has helped me to publish my works further.



If you've been enjoying this series and have not contributed, please consider sharing your response - whether it be for haibun, haiku or tanka - to the three little questions that Ramesh answered. You must be a published poet to participate

2 comments:

Area 17 said...

Please also visit Ramesh Anand's blog as well [link given at the beginning of Tobacco Road piece].

Ramesh Anand has a very fresh eye, and your reading will be rewarded.

Alan, With Words

P K Padhy said...

Ramesh Anand is a contemporary haikuist. His poetic voice unveils the beauty of nature and tender human feelings.All my good wishes to him for the days to come.

P K Padhy
http://pkpadhy.blogspot.com