Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Poets and Poems - Jessie Carty


If I had a Son

Good news your son is blind
Bad news He's an eyeball
Drum beats Cymbals

My son
Watching me Gauging
if I'm
how he'll define
            woman

He's a gelatinous ball of vein
wearing Chucks

I smile when I don't plan to

I imagine teaching him the theory of crosswalks
the angles of cathedrals
            what angels there are in dark chocolate

I'm a man he says
at the age of 5
walking in front of me
            staring people off

He holds my hand
with his little mitts
like mini hamburger
             helper man hands

when no one is looking



If you would like to participate in this series, send a photo of yourself composing a poem or writing or a picture of a location where you enjoy writing, along with one of your poems (the type/genre of poem doesn't matter). This series will allow us to see the various locations that inspire us or where we go to write.

3 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

so glad to be a part of the series Curtis!

Now I feel famous :)

Dianne said...

I am sending my blog. Thanks for your artful writing.

Jessie Carty said...

Thanks Dianne!