Tune in at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-jane-crown-show/2010/01/03/helen-losse
Break a leg Helen! :)
The Betty Drevniok Award 2010
Haiku Canada established this competition in memory of Betty Drevniok, Past President of the society. With the exception of members of the executive of Haiku Canada, the contest is open to everyone, including Regional Coordinators of Haiku Canada.
• Haiku must be unpublished and not under consideration elsewhere.
• A flat fee of $5 Cdn (in Canada) or $5 US (for entries outside Canada) for up to 3 haiku is payable to “Haiku Canada”.
• Submit 2 copies of each haiku, each copy typed or neatly printed on a 3X5 card; one card in each set must include the author’s name, address and telephone number in the upper corner, while the other card with the identical poem must contain no identifying marks.
• Postmark Deadline: February 14, 2010.
• Winners will be announced at the Annual General Meeting in May 2010. First Prize $100; Second Prize $50; Third Prize $25 for haiku. The top eleven poems will be published in a Haiku Canada Sheet and distributed with the Haiku Canada Anthology.
• No entries will be returned. If you are NOT a member of Haiku Canada and wish a copy of the broadsheet with the winning haiku, include a SASE (business size, Cdn stamps) or a SAE and $1 for postage and handling.
• Send entries to The Betty Drevniok Award, c/o Ann Goldring, PO Box 97, 5 Cooks Drive, Leaskdale, Ontario, Canada L0C 1C0.
• Contest Coordinator: Ann Goldring
14th International Kusamakura Haiku Competition
Winning haiku for the 14th International Kusamakura Haiku Competition are available here: