
Deeper Places
I want to live
in the deeper places
where flowers
always get to bloom
at their appointed time
and are loved as much
weathered and dormant
and covered with snow
I want to live
in the deeper places
where loss is felt
tears are cried and
night becomes a friend
and then loss
dies too
new life arrives again
Oh, I want to live
in the deeper places
I want to live
in the deeper places
where flowers
always get to bloom
at their appointed time
and are loved as much
weathered and dormant
and covered with snow
I want to live
in the deeper places
where loss is felt
tears are cried and
night becomes a friend
and then loss
dies too
new life arrives again
Oh, I want to live
in the deeper places
by Ellen Olinger, first published in Time of Singing (2003). Photo by Karl Olinger.
In memory of the loved ones in all our hearts during this beautiful season of hope.
If you would like to participate in this series, send a photo of yourself composing a poem or writing or a picture of a location where you enjoy writing, along with one of your poems (the type/genre of poem doesn't matter). This series will allow us to see the various locations that inspire us or where we go to write.