Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday updates - October 27

Penny Harter sent the following message:

I am having a hysterectomy on Thursday morning, October 28th. Please send light and prayers for a successful surgery my way. When I'm able, from my daughter's house I'll let Curtis know how I'm doing after surgery. And if you want to be in touch, e-mail me and I'll get back to you via my netbook, while recuperating at my daughter's, after the first foggy couple of days there.

Love,
Penny

We love you too, Penny. The poetry community will inundate you with prayers and healing thoughts.



Here's a message from Scott Metz:

Dear Roadrunner Reader,

Issue X:3 (October 2010) is now up:

http://www.roadrunnerjournal.net/

Featuring:

—The Scorpion Prize #21 by Tom Raworth

—ku

—"Peggy Willis Lyles: A Celebration"

—"Tada Chimako's Haiku" by Hiroaki Sato

&

—Tom Raworth: An Interview

Thanks for reading, and please do pass this email on to others.

Scott Metz



Sasa Vazic sent this sad news about Slavko Sedlar:

It is with great regret that I inform you that the great Serbian poet, Slavko Sedlar, passed away.

http://www.thehaikufoundation.org/resources/poet-details/?IDclient=137
(7 July 1932-24 October 2010)



Merrill Gonzales sent this sad news about H.F. (Tom) Noyes:

Dear Curtis,

vincent tripi called to let me know that he's been advised that H.F.(Tom) Noyes passed away last April. Tom was 92 and loved by many people...he surely loved life. He loved the country of Greece...and the happy accident that led him to live there.

vincent has 25 copies of Tom's last book: still here 110 pages, letterpress. and a stack of what vincent considers Tom's death poem: "Basho's death poem/ my grandson asks/ for mine"...letterpress. vincent can be reached at 413-772-2354.

Here's is a review of still here:

http://www.modernhaiku.org/bookreviews/noyes2002.html

Here are a few haiku by H. F. Noyes:

http://www.terebess.hu/english/usa/noyes.html